MEMORISE: Proverbs 14:1
“Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.”
READ: 1 Peter 3:1-6 (KJV)
1. Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
2. While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4. But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands;
6. Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord; whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
Today’s devotional is mainly directed to ‘wives’, not just ‘women’. The reality is that not all women are wives. As many as are trusting the Lord for a glorious change of status, I pray that God will grant that good desire this season, in Jesus’ name. Wives – not mistresses or ‘bed-partners’, are divinely given the assignment of home-building. This is because neither a mistress nor a bed-partner has the divine grace to build a godly home. Beloved, it is wisdom that makes a woman a wife and according to Proverbs 9:10, the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. More importantly, Jesus is the Wisdom that transforms a woman to a godly wife and then a home-builder. Sisters, when you allow Jesus into your life, you cease to be an ordinary woman; you become a virtuous and godly one.
There is something we must take into cognisance in today’s Scripture reading, and that is the phrase “by the conversation of the wives”. ‘The wives’ here refers to God-fearing women who have been distinguished by their chaste conversation and general conduct, which is occasioned by the fear of the Lord, and not that of their husbands, per se. It is wisdom when a wife builds her home. However, it is great foolishness for wives to pull down their homes by themselves. Sadly, many women today have pulled down their homes and are now roaming aimlessly on the ‘streets’ of life without any covering. They may pretend that all is well but the truth is that they are hurting and nursing regrets of their past actions internally. Some of them who are now considered ‘old wives’ or ‘ex-wives’ are on revenge missions – teaching younger wives to pull down their homes in order to have them join in roaming the ‘streets’ of life. Sisters, beware of these deceivers.
(1 Timothy 4:7) says: But refuse profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. No matter your achievements, as a Christian wife, you must be submissive to your husband if you want peace, joy and progress in your home. I speak peace to whatever trouble is in your home. I speak glory to whatever reproach is in your family today, in Jesus’ name. Be wise; invite Jesus Christ into your home today.
PRAYER POINT: Lord, please give me Your wisdom so I can build my home in accordance with Your will today, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nahum